Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Welcome to AOSC OS (5.0.0)!
This is a new series of AOSC OS Core with major updates and fixes over the old
Core 4 series.
- Updated GNU C Library to 2.26.
- Updated GNU Binutils to 2.29.1.
- Updated GNU MPFR Library to 3.1.3.
- Updated Interger Set Library to 0.18.
- Updated GNU Compiler Compilation (GCC) to 7.2.0.
- Updated GNU DBM to 1.13.
- Updated Berkeley DB to 6.2.32.
- Updated Perl to 5.24.3.
- Moved GCC specs from
gcc, avoids potential build failures
with software that records build-time compiler flags - when Autobuild3 is
- Moved Timezone Data out of Core tree, to allow for more timely updates.
/etc/locale.genis now included as a configuration file so it won't be replaced during upgrades.
- Fixes gold linker for AArch64 (build failure with
binutilsis updated to
- Fixes GCC build on 32-bit architectures and ARMv7 in particular.
- Fixes a typo in
readlinepackage description (#51).
What to Expect:
- A smooth update with little incompatibility, though it could happen.
- Minor performance gain from GNU C Library and GCC Runtime enhancements.