Make a Data Visualization
In this assignment you will create a picture that will help in understanding an array of data. You may find the TBD slides helpful in this assignment.
Suggested steps to complete this assignment
For this assignment you are welcome to collaborate with a partner. You can both work on the same visualization, or you can share a data set and each create a different visualization.
To start, you will need some data. You can use data you find on the Internet or create your own. You should then put your data into an array.
Once you've collected data, you can start coding. Some ideas for visualizations include:
- Changing opacity so frequently occuring values are brighter
- Changing size so frequently occuring values are larger
- Creating a bar graph
- Creating an interactive map
- Creating a color grid
- Using a Chernoff face
- Visiting the Data Visualisation Catalogue for examples of other types of visualizations
- Create your own visualization, your visualization doesn't have to look like any other. Have fun and be creative!
Samples of Student Work
This assignment is based on Jer Thorp's Getting Started with Processing and Data Visualizations