How to make the background of an image transparent
https://www.remove.bg/ is a free website that will remove a background. Alternatively, use can use the free program Gimp (described below).
How to make the background of an image transparent using GIMP
- Start the Gimp program by clicking on the Start menu and choosing Start | All Programs | GIMP | GIMP2
- Select your image with File | Open
- Choose Layer | Transparency | Add Alpha Channel
- Select the Select by Color Tool in the Toolbox
- Click on a region that you want to be transparent, and press Delete. You should see a checkerboard pattern marking the transparent region. Repeat this process for all regions that you want to be transparent.
- Choose File | Save As and add
.pngto the end of the file name and save the file
- Now you can add the picture to processing with *Sketch | Add File... *
Thanks to David and Kevin for their help!