Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
APE Server Core
The Ape server could be described as:
- a small, fast, nonblocking webserver that only can output json content.
- a chat engine that does not understand the common chat protocols.
- a daemon which can be loaded with many plugins, but the only plugin available is a script interpreter.
- a socket server or socket client, or both which would make it a proxy, but without any knowledge
- a eventloop that only emits defined events, based on other fixed events
- a message queue, that does not do any queueing at all. These descriptions do not make a good sales pitch for manangers. In fact, all these descriptions are too negative. However, if you are a little bit technical you can understand and appreciate the raw power that it beholds.
In it's core there is the:
- Socket Api
- Client side
- Server side
- Chat engine
- providing pipes
- providing users
- providing channels
- Web Server
- HTTP Requests API
- specialised in a certain JSON formatted input (CMD)and output (RAW)
So, make your statement?
Good news: you can achive almost anything that you could ask from a commet server Bad news: you have to implement it your self.
To get get a better understandig, of the posiblities, proceed to APE Protocol overview