Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
The frequency allows APE to deal with:
- targeting multiple tabs / windows in the same browser.
We use the frequency because:
- Web browsers do not allow more than 2 requests to the same domain (TODO: at the same time?)
- APE server use the frequency to distinguish between the users tabs and windows to push data received in one tab to the other and vice versa. See APE Server Subusers
The frequency is increased each time when i a single browser:
- a new tab is opened (with an APE client)
- a new window is opened (with an APE client)
- the page is reloaded
The frequency is bound to a browser instance. When running 2 or more browsers simultaneuously each browser has its own frequency (and user and subusers for that matter).