Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
What are the BUZZWORDS for this project?
Does APE use HTTP Streaming?
In the book Ajax Design Patterns Creating Web 2.0 Sites with Programming and Usability Patterns By Michael Mahemoff one pattern is HTTP Streaming (page114) is this the pattern APE uses?
Yes, APE supports several transport methods such as : Long Polling, XHR Streaming, JSONP and Server Sent Events.
- With an apache only solution you cannot do real push
- APE can handle more than 100k users
- APE is faster than an apache comet based solution
- APE saves you a lot of CPU/RAM/Bandwith (here is a real world example of an APE user:
- You can do more things with an APE based solution instead of a "simple" comet solution
Is this project new?
No, this project was first released to the public on January 2009 but we started to work on APE 4 years ago. The project was initially named ACE, you can find it on sourceforge : Ajax Chat Engine Check out the History of APE-Project for further info.
APE JS Server-Side provides a complete API for both server and client sockets. What does this mean?
You can write powerful applications such as:
- IRC bots
- HTTP querying
- writting your own APE protocol (by writing a socket server and handle events)
What does APE JSF do?
Why should I use APE JSF instead of normal ajax?
Is APE JSF another layer with bloathing crap?
With a very small footprint (~5KB) (included mootools special build), the APE Framework loads really fast on your web browser, thus it's fully adapted for small rate connections as Edge or 3G. Regadless of the choice we've made, you can write your own plugins with your favorite Framework (JQuery, MooTools, dojo...).
- One especialy built for mootools
What is the frequency (the number before the subdomain)?
See APE_JSF Frequency.
How can I help the project?
You can help in many ways. Get involved!