Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 36 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Greentea tests: user-configurable timeouts #9718
Now it is enough to add:
Pull request type
Well... test cases cannot expose
We do configure test cases, but that is done through
I'm OK with both approaches, macros or known mbed_app.json values. I want default that work 90 % of the time, and is not required to specify anywhere. And the rest is 10 % which is Cellular testing and requires specific environment anyway.
I assume the configs should be used for something that changes frequently (like communication baudrate, shield board type, etc.). Macros seem to be more of a possibility to make a temporary hack (like heap size increase).
I think macros are a better choice in our case. As Seppo suggested: most of the time we want to keep the same value of the timeout. In few special runs, at the moment only for cellular modules, we want to allow some larger timeouts and we want to avoid hacking the source code to do that.