Short course in web (browser) mapping using React
- You can fly a drone.
- You could write an Integrated Development Enviroment (IDE).
- Facebook is built with React.
Learn JS to do everythign from writing your first JS line of code to writing your own component of a web mapping library in React.
- Why JS? (day 1)
- Quick intro to JS (day 1)
- Quick intro into NodeJS (day 1)
- Quick intro into modern web front-end frameworks (ReactJS) (day 1)
- A quick dive into ReactJS (day 2)
- Web mapping (core of the course) (day 2)
- Visualizing data using Leaflet/MapBoxGL (day 2)
Inspirations taken from E.W Dijkstra.
It has been remarked to me (to my great regret. I cannot remember by whom and so I am unable to give credit where it seems due) that once a person has understood the way in which variables are used in programming, he has understood the quintessence of programming. ~ O. J. Dahl, E. W. Dijkstra, and C. A. R. Hoare (Eds.). 1972. Structured Programming. (p11)