A port of mouse.rb from AXElements, but cleaned up and rewritten in C to be more portable across languages and runtimes.
By itself, the
mouse gem is not that useful; but in combination
with a gem for discovering the positions of things (like buttons) on
the screen, this gem is very powerful and can be used for tasks such
as automated functional
testing; this is the purpose of the
require 'mouse' Mouse.current_position # => #<CGPoint x=873.2 y=345.0> # positions can be given as a an array with two points, or a CGPoint Mouse.move_to [10, 10] Mouse.move_to CGPoint.new(10, 10) # optionally specify how long it should take the mouse to move Mouse.move_to [800, 300], 0.2 Mouse.click Mouse.double_click Mouse.triple_click # secondary_click and right_click are aliases to the same method Mouse.secondary_click Mouse.right_click # positive number scrolls up, negative number scrolls down Mouse.scroll 10 Mouse.scroll -10 # optionally specify units for scroll amount, :pixel or :line Mouse.scroll 10, :pixels Mouse.scroll -10, :pixels
See the Mouse Documentation for more details.
You may have noticed that when you ask the mouse to move to a specific location that it may not end up at the exact co-ordinates, but it will be close (distance of less than 1). This is by design, but that may change in the future if there are enough complaints.
- Support for mouse gestures
- Make animation duration accurate (currently naiveté has a bit of error)
Copyright (c) 2012, Mark Rada All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of Mark Rada nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Mark Rada BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.