- clone repo:
git clone https://github.com/Aakup/MultiMeet
- install packages:
bundle install --without production
- create and seed db:
db:create db:schema:load db:seed)
- create a file
config/initializers/app_env_vars.rb and enter your emailer acc and password:
ENV['MAILER_EMAIL'] = 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
ENV['MAILER_PASSWORD'] = '<your password>'
rails s(erver) --> starts app on http://localhost:3000
- develop on your own branch of this repo, call it by your <name/feature> e.g. kevin/projects-list
- write your own tests for your own feature
- write down cucumber scenarios before coding
- before you push: make sure tests run via
bundle exec rspec and
bundle exec cucumber features
- push the branch, then PR to master, and wait for a code review
- in case of merge conflict: pull from master, resolve locally, push to your branch.
- if making db changes:
db:migrate and check in your new
- to completely overwrite schema and migrations:
rake db:drop db:create db:migrate db:seed
- each time you pull and there's a migration: run