THIS ENTIRE PROJECT IS DEPRECATED, DO NOT USE!
Before you attempt to try this thing, make sure you have a PushTopic created in your org according to the official docs. Once your server is up and running, create an object in your org using the API or whatever you want.
- git clone this thing
- Install dependencies: express, connect, oauth.
- Build Faye from my fork, which includes HTTPS, Cookies, and a small workaround for a bug in the pilot: cd node_modules && git clone email@example.com:aashay/faye.git (See also: https://github.com/aashay/faye
- cd faye
- Build faye according to the readme instructions (starting with "git submodule update --init --recursive"). You don't need to run tests but it's probably a good idea! :)
- Make sure to run jake as part of the process. This will output the required files into the /build folder which is where our server.js will look for its faye files.
- Make sure your app is properly configured in your org. Setup > Develop > Remote Access (I use localhost:4567/oauth/yay as my callback url).
- Create a file called config.js at the root of your app (same place as server.js) and make it look like the following:
exports.PORT = parseInt(process.env.PORT) || 4567; exports.cookieMaxAge = 3600000; //length of idle session in ms exports.sessionSecret = process.env.SESSION_SECRET || "someSessionSecret"; //Salesforce stuff. //Put your Client ID and Secret and Login here: exports.CLIENT_ID = process.env.CLIENT_ID || 'yourClientId'; exports.CLIENT_SECRET = process.env.CLIENT_SECRET || 'superSecret'; exports.LOGIN = "firstname.lastname@example.org"; exports.PUSH_TOPIC = 'TestTopic';
Open up your browser at http://localhost:4567. When your browser tells you to check the console, go watch the fun!