# README by Datatrans #
Codes have been changed to adapt PostgreSQL internal changes up to version 13.1:
- No more relhasoids in pg_class.
- No more cache_value, is_cycled, is_called in sequence object (since PostgreSQL 11).
- No more adsrc in pg_attrdef, it should be calculated as pg_catalog.pg_get_expr(adbin, adrelid) instead.
- Declarative Table Partitioning DDL.
On using wxWidgets version 3.1 or higher
- For wxWidgets 3.0 or less, *.xrc files are moved from ./pgadmin/ui to ./pgadmin/ui/old.
- For wxWidgets 3.1 or more, *.xrc files are moved from ./pgadmin/ui to ./pgadmin/ui/3.1.
- For Linux, embed-xrc has been modified to switch the *.xrc directory based on default wxWidgets version. You may tweak the file for manual adjustment.
- For Windows user, embed-xrc.bat has been modified to switch *.xrc directory to ./pgadmin/ui/old. Please change it to ./pgadmin/ui/3.1 on using wxWidgets 3.1 or higher.
# pgAdmin3 LTS by BigSQL README #
This is a fork of the pgAdmin3 project that aims to continue to support PostgreSQL 8.4 thru 12.0 with Windows and OSX Binaries. We are in basic maintenance mode and don't expect to be adding major new features. We expect that over time users will mostly migrate to using pgAdmin4 Web as that matures and stabilizes.
pgAdmin3 is a popular and feature rich Open Source administration and development platform for PostgreSQL, the most advanced Open Source database in the world. Binaries for the application are presently produced on Windows & OSX to manage PostgreSQL 8.4 and above.
pgAdmin3 is designed to answer the needs of all users, from writing simple SQL queries to developing complex databases. The graphical interface supports all PostgreSQL features and makes administration easy. The application also includes a syntax highlighting SQL editor, a server-side code editor, an SQL/batch/shell job scheduling agent, support for the Slony-I replication engine and much more. Server connection may be made using TCP/IP or Unix Domain Sockets (on *nix platforms), and may be SSL encrypted for security. No additional drivers are required to communicate with the database server.
pgAdmin3 is Free Software released under the PostgreSQL License.
Typical configure option
$ bash bootstrap $ ./configure --prefix=/opt/pgadmin3bigsql --with-pgsql=/opt/pgsql/12 --with-libgcrypt CFLAGS=-fPIC CXXFLAGS=-fPIC $ make $ sudo make install