Summary of the events that go on at Tech@NYU's HackDays.
HackDays is a meetup based on the philosophies that:
- You're a lot more productive when there's a time limit,
- When learning to code, the fastest way to learn is to make something,
- The best way to be introduced to new programming concepts is by interacting with other hackers,
- You don't have to be a code ninja - a lot of HackDays participants are brand new to programming. There are plenty of experienced CS students and hackers around to help.
- If you're a current college student (CS or otherwise) and want to hang out and hack with others - come to Hackdays!
- If you're attending a Hackday:
- Bring a laptop to follow along.
- Talks always start at 5:30pm.
- Ask a lot of questions.
- Friday, 27th of September 2013: Introduction to CSS & HTML
- Friday, 11th of October 2013: Introduction to Python
- Friday, 18th of October 2013: Using Django to easily create Python web applications, with a guest presenter confirmed: Saikiran Yerram