Caramel is a functional language for building type-safe, scalable, and maintainable applications.
the OCaml compiler, to provide you with a pragmatic type system and industrial-strength type safety.
the Erlang VM, known for running low-latency, distributed, and fault-tolerant systems used in a wide range of industries.
Learn more at caramel.run
- Excellent type inference, so you never need to annotate your code
- Zero-cost type-safe interop with most existing Erlang and Elixir code
- Has a reviewed standard library included
- Supports sources in OCaml (and soon Reason syntax too)
- Ships a single executable (
- Has a built-in formatter (
You can download the latest Caramel release from the releases page.