Copyright 2018 Systemic Pty Ltd
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
The SIF3 Framework is a .NET framework that enables developers to efficiently implement SIF3 Services (Consumers and/or Providers). It fully encapsulates the low level SIF3 Infrastructure. It also provides a basic Environment Provider which is core to SIF3.
The framework includes a demo Solution that illustrates how to use it.
To get started using this framework, read the Sif3Framework .NET Developer's Guide.doc and Sif3Framework .NET Demo Usage Guide.doc documents under the Documentation directory.
The SIF3 Framework library is a .NET Standard project that supports multiple versions of .NET Framework (4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2). If you do not have all these versions installed, you will need to edit the Sif.Framework.csproj project file to reflect your installation. Multiple versions are targeted for the benefit of NuGet package deployment.
For more information regarding support for multiple versions, refer to the article Target frameworks.
The SIF3 Framework has been developed on Visual Studio Community 2017.
Contributing to this framework
See the wiki associated with this repository for information on:
- contributing to this framework
- the coding style to be used and
- the structure of the SIF 3 Framework repositories
##Version control history
Jan 28, 2014 - 0.1.0 Initial commit; Beta release to be used for collaborative review
- Beta release to be used for collaborative review only and not intended for commercial use.
Jan 29, 2014 - 0.2.0 Partial implementation of POST for Environment
- Submitted a partial implementation of the POST action for the Environments Controller.
Feb 03, 2014 - 0.3.0 Create sessionToken from POST of Environment
- Update the POST action of the EnvironmentsController to authenticate a user and return an appropriately populated Environment response.
Feb 06, 2014 - 0.4.0 Implemented authentication and GET of Environment
- Completed implementation of the GET action for an environment.
- Fixed an issue with authentication based upon session token.
Feb 15, 2014 - 0.5.0 Implemented DELETE of Environment
- Tweaked the overall design of the core code to properly enable the implementation of the DELETE action for an Environment.
Feb 20, 2014 - 0.6.0 Redesign of the persistence layer
- Redesigned the persistence layer (repositories) to add the flexibility to inject a different SessionFactory.
- Prepared the code for a demo provider.
Mar 12, 2014 - 0.7.0 Added a demo provider project
- Added a demo provider project to help illustrate how the framework can be used to provide StudentPersonal data.
- Re-factored some code as a result of this work.
Jul 16, 2014 - 0.7.1 Code documentation updates
- Minor updates to documentation within the code.
Aug 05, 2014 - 0.8.0 Extract demo projects into separate solution; Renamed the Sif.Framework.Core project
- Extract demo projects into separate Solution.
- Extract data model and infrastructure projects into separate Solution.
- Fixed issue with BaseController.
- Changed constructors in the persistence, Service and Controller layers to accommodate Dependency Injection.
- Updated in-code documentation.
- Updated SessionFactorys to cater for use as an executable as well as for deployment to IIS.
- Updated version of Web API and SQLite.
- Added NHibernate configuration and DDLs for use with SQLite, SQL Server LocalDB, SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL.
- Added a project make setting up the demo database easier.
- Added demo databases for SQLite and SQL Server LocalDB.
- Renamed the Sif.Framework.Core project to Sif.Framework.
Aug 06,2014 - 0.9.0 Added version numbers to project assemblies
- Added assembly information (including version number) to each project assembly.
- Updated README.md to provide a more comprehensive version control history.
- Recompiled and re-referenced libraries in SharedLibs.
- Better organised the Scripts directory.
Aug 07, 2014 - 0.10.0 Fixed issues with assembly references
- Fixed issues with referencing of Sif.Specification.Infrastructure assembly.
- Renamed StudentPersonal.cfg.xml to Demo.cfg.xml to make the file name less specific.
- Fixed issue of incorrectly referenced Sif.Framework assembly in the Demo Provider.
- Added scripts to ease demo execution.
Aug 19, 2014 - 0.10.1 Added user documentation
- Added a draft version of the Developer's Guide.
- Added a draft version of the Demo Usage Guide.
Aug 27, 2014 - 0.11.0 Implemented a Consumer framework
- Added a generic Consumer to the framework.
- Added a utility class for HTTP operations.
- Created a new StudentPersonal demo Consumer.
- Updated .gitignore so that "x64" directories are no longer ignored (caused problems with SQLite DLLs).
- Re-ordered the projects listed in the VS Solutions to manage the default projects run when debugging.
Aug 30, 2014 - 0.12.0 Upgraded to SIF Infrastructure 3.0.1
- Upgraded the framework to use SIF Infrastructure 3.0.1.
- Updated the data models to the latest version of the SIF AU 1.3 Data Model.
- Re-designed the XML serialisation code to provide for better extensibility.
- Fixed an issue whereby the root element of collections returned by Controllers started with "ArrayOf".
- Made enhancements to the demo Setup.
Aug 31, 2014 - 0.13.0 Fixed various issues
- Fixed an issue with clean-up if a Consumer fails to register with the Environment Provider.
- Fixed an error in the returned Environment object on Consumer register.
- Added exception handling to the demo Consumer to ensure proper clean-up after an error.
Sep 01, 2014 - 0.13.1 Updated user documentation
- Updated the Developer's Guide from user feedback.
- Updated the Demo Usage Guide to include instructions for implementing a Consumer.
Sep 01, 2014 - 0.13.2 Updated user documentation
- Updated the Demo Usage Guide to include instructions for running the demo over a LAN.
Sep 11, 2014 - 0.14.0 Created a reference implementation of the SBP
- Created a new Solution to contain a reference implementation of the SBP (only partially implemented).
- Upgraded Web API to version 5.2.2 on all appropriate projects.
- Added a SchoolInfo Consumer and Provider to the demo Solution.
Oct 17, 2014 - 0.15.0 Added demo projects for the US locale
- Upgraded NHibernate to version 188.8.131.5200 on all appropriate projects.
- Upgraded SQLite to version 184.108.40.206 on all appropriate projects.
- Added log4net to some projects.
- Added debug statements in some projects using log4net.
- Added error messages to the payload of GenericController response messages.
- Changed the existing demo Consumer and Provider projects to be AU locale specific.
- Made the AU Consumer and Provider projects simpler by removing the use of a database for retrieving sample student data from.
- Added new demo Consumer and Provider projects for the US locale.
- Updated the demo Setup project to cater for the AU and US locales.
- Added data models generated from the SIF US 3.2 XSDs to the Sif3Specification Solution.
- Updated the demo execution batch scripts to cater for the new demo projects.
- Updated the SharedLibs libraries.
Oct 20, 2014 - 0.15.1 Added training exercise document
- Added the Training Exercises (US) document.
Nov 15, 2014 - 0.16.0 Handle payload-free POST requests for Environment
- Implement the ability to handle payload-free POST requests for the EnvironmentsController (Simple SIF).
- Upgrade the GenericConsumer to take a solutionId.
- Improved logging of error messages.
- Added the Training Exercises (AU) document.
Dec 22, 2014 - 0.16.1 Added documentation for URL postfix extensions
- Added documentation to explain how to specify MIME Types using URL postfix extensions (Simple SIF).
- Enabled URL postfix extensions for MIME Types in the demo AU Provider.
Jan 09, 2015 - 0.17.0 Improved exception handling and logging
- Added exception classes to better manage exception handling and information.
- Implemented global error handling guidelines for Web API 2 - handlers and loggers.
- Added utility classes to help collate and extract error information from response messages.
- Updated the ConsumerApp to display more meaningful error details.
- Updated the EnvironmentsController to support better error messages.
Jan 10, 2015 - 0.17.1 Simplified demo project to make it more intuitive
- Based on feedback, deleted the SbpFramework Solution and instead incorporated its code into the Sif3FrameworkDemo Solution to reduce complexity and confusion.
- Based on feedback, removed shared code (projects) from the Sif3FrameworkDemo Solution to better reflect implementations where Consumers and Providers are developed by different vendors.
Jan 26, 2015 - 0.17.2 Fixed urgent issue with demo AU Consumer
- Fixed an issue introduced in version 0.17.0 whereby the demo AU Consumer referenced a non-existant file - SifFramework.brokered.config.
- Updated the demo AU Consumer and Provider to better reflect exception handling and logging enhancements in the SifFramework library.
- Updated the demo US Consumer and Provider to match the changes in the AU versions.
Mar 29, 2015 - 0.18.0 Added ability to connect to a SIF Broker
- Updated the GenericConsumer to allow registration to a SIF Broker, as well as (direct) to an Environment Provider.
- Updated the GenericController to allow creation of Service Providers that can connect to a SIF Broker, as well as run (directly) as an Environment/Service Provider.
- Added functionality for Consumers and Providers to store the session token (received after service registration) locally so that state can be maintained between Consumer and Provider sessions.
- Improved exception handling and logging in the SifFramework library.
- Updated the demo Consumers and Providers to reflect these changes.
Mar 30, 2015 - 0.18.1 Updated documentation to reflect recent changes
- Updated the US Provider project with configuration changes that should have been made in the last submission.
- Updated all documentation to reflect recent changes. Documentation on SIF Broker integration is still incomplete.
May 03, 2015 - 0.19.0 Implement paging of retrieved data
- Updated the service interface to facilitate paging of retrieved data.
- Updated the GenericConsumer to make paged retrievals by default.
- Updated the GenericController to handle (GET) requests for paged data.
- Updated the demo Consumers and Providers to reflect these changes.
May 11, 2015 - 0.19.1 Update version of the SIF AU 1.3 data model
- Updated the SIF AU 1.3 data model of the Sif3Specification Solution.
May 17, 2015 - 0.20.0 Implement Query By Example
- Updated the GenericConsumer to add a new Retrieve method that accepts an "example" object.
- Updated the Get method of the GenericController to handle a payload when a method override is requested.
- Updated the demo AU Provider configuration to manage redirection when a method override is requested.
- Updated the demo AU Consumer with an example call that uses the new Retrieve method.
July 17, 2015 - 0.20.1 Added beta version of the SIF AU 1.4 data model
- Added a beta version of the SIF AU 1.4 data model to the Sif3Specification Solution.
Sept 23, 2015 - 0.21.0 Updated SIF AU data model and added HITS Consumer
- Updated the SIF AU 1.3 and 1.4 data models of the Sif3Specification Solution.
- Updated all unit tests and (AU) demo projects to reference the updated 1.4 data models.
- Fixed an issue with a missing namespace on serialisation of data model collections.
- Enhanced the demo AU Consumer to demonstrate connection with HITS.
Sept 28, 2015 - 0.22.0 Implement Service Paths
- Updated the Framework service layer, Consumers and Providers to handle Service Paths.
- Updated (AU) demo projects to demonstrate Service Path usage.
Jan 17, 2016 - 1.0.0 Implement multiple object operations
- Redesigned Consumer implementation to handle multiple object operations.
- Redesigned Provider implementation to handle multiple object operations.
- Updated AU and US demo projects to reflect mutliple object operations.
- Updated documentation to reflect changes.
- Fixed issue with mustUseAdvisory implementation.
Jan 29, 2016 - 1.1.0 Added Zone and Context using Matrix Parameters
- Upgraded Web API to version 5.2.3 on all appropriate projects.
- Enhanced and configured the WebApi implementation to recognise Matrix Parameters.
- Updated Consumers to pass Zone and Context with all requests using Matrix Parameters.
- Updated Providers to handle receiving Zone and Context as Matrix Parameters.
- Updated AU and US demo projects to reflect the use of Matrix Parameters.
Feb 03, 2016 - 1.1.1 Added SIF US 3.3 data model
- Added the SIF US 3.3 data model to the Sif3Specification Solution.
- Updated US demo projects to use SIF US 3.3 model objects.
- Added a Service Path exercise to the AU and US training exercises.
Feb 04, 2016 - 1.1.2 Resolve issue with Visual Studio 2013
- Applied code change due to compiler error that occurs in VS 2013 but not VS 2015.
May 24, 2016 - 2.0.0 Resolve issue with default zone implementation
- Fix an issue regarding the definition of a default zone.
- Generate SIF AU 3.4 data model and incorporate into demo AU projects.
- Remove Visual Studio 2015 temporary files/directories from GitHub.
- Enchance AU demo projects to incorporate extended elements to StudentPersonal.
- Expose exception classes by making them public.
- Remove redundant local database files.
- Minor code updates.
July 19, 2016 - 3.0.0 Added Functional Service support
- Implemented function service providers
- Implemented function service consumers
- Implemented binding of SIF objects (e.g. jobs) to a specific consumer (curruntly only supported in functional services)
- Implemented support for multiple enviroment templates
- Generated SIF UK 2.0 data model and incorporated into UK demo
- Generated SIF 3.2 Infrastructure model and incorporated in UK/US/AU demos
- Added scripts to lauch projects from the command line
- Added scripts to build projects from the command line
Jan 06, 2017 - 3.1.0 Implement payload compression and Changes Since
- Added a new demo project specifically for connecting to HITS.
- Moved HITS specific Consumers from the demo.au.consumer project to the demo.hits.consumer project.
- Added documentation for creating a Consumer for HITS connection.
- Updated AU data models to SIF AU 3.4 in demo projects.
- Removed SharedLibs/Sif.Framework 1.2.0 as that version was never released.
- Fixed issue whereby SharedLibs/Sif.Framework 2.0.0 incorrectly contained version 3.0.0 of the framework.
- Implemented message payload compression.
- Implemented Changes Since mechanism.
Apr 30, 2017 - 3.2.0 Updated to SIF Infrastructure 3.2.0
- Fixed issue with incorrectly named matrix parameters (zone to zoneId, context to contextId).
- Completed and fixed SIF_HMACSHA256 authentication implementation.
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the latest version of the SIF Infrastructure (3.2.0).
- Fixed a namespace issue with the implementation of the SIF AU Data Model (3.4.0).
- Implemented the serviceType header (with a value of FUNCTIONAL) for Functional Service calls.
- Updated the SIF Framework to look for the SifFramework.config file in the current path first and the application folder second.
May 03, 2017 - 3.2.1 Updated to SIF Infrastructure 3.2.1, AU Data Model 3.4.1
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the latest version of the SIF Infrastructure (3.2.1).
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the latest version of the SIF AU Data Model (3.4.1).
- Implemented the Initialization object for Functional Service Jobs.
June 10, 2017 - 220.127.116.11 Applied updates to AU Data Model 3.4.1
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the officially approved version of the SIF AU Data Model (3.4.1).
- Fixed namespace issues with SIF AU Data Model usage in the demo projects.
- Updated the "Connecting Consumers to HITS" document to reflect recent updates to the HITS Dashboard and its usage.
June 15, 2017 - 18.104.22.168 Updated to use strict version of AU Data Model 3.4.1
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the "strict" version of the SIF AU Data Model (3.4.1).
July 28, 2017 - 22.214.171.124 Resolve issues with mustUseAdvisory implementation
- Incorporate slf4net into the framework to enable the ability to choose different logging libraries.
- Fix an issue with the SIF Specification 3.2.1 namespace in unit testing.
- Updated to the latest version of AutoMapper.
- Fix demo Provider run scripts to take into consideration pre-Visual Studio 2015 development environments.
- Update the logic associated with the mustUseAdvisory flag in Providers.
- Added a mustUseAdvisory parameter to the Create() methods for Consumers.
Sept 05, 2017 - 126.96.36.199 Implement Provider SIF Events
- Added a draft version of SIF AU Data Model 3.4.2.
- Implemented the broadcasting of SIF Events from a Provider.
- Enhanced the SIF Framework to work with TLS 1.2.
Nov 06, 2017 - 188.8.131.52 Applied updates to AU Data Model 3.4.2
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the officially approved version of the SIF AU Data Model 3.4.2 (no SIF Framework version update).
Nov 23, 2017 - 184.108.40.206 Applied updates to AU Data Model 3.4.2
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the latest version of the SIF AU Data Model 3.4.2 (no SIF Framework version update).
Dec 04, 2017 - 220.127.116.11 Minor code changes highlighted during training
- Enable paging of results from a Query By Service Path call.
- Fixed an issue in the authentication service so that the correct HTTP status code is returned.
- Updated and improved documentation after feedback from a training course.
Jan 21, 2018 - 18.104.22.168 Implement Consumer SIF Events
- Implemented the subscribing of SIF Events from an Event Consumer.
- Provided a correct implementation of ACL validation in Providers.
Feb 19, 2018 - 22.214.171.124 Resolve issues with Event Consumer
- Fixed issues with Event Consumer start up.
- Improved exception management with the registration process.
- Fixed ACL issues with the UK and US Demo projects.
Feb 25, 2018 - 126.96.36.199 Resolve issues with SIF Events
- Fixed issues with SIF Events for both Providers and Consumers.
Jun 28, 2018 - 188.8.131.52 Updated to .NET Framework 4.6.1, SIF AU Data Model 3.4.3
- Updated all projects to use .NET Framework 4.6.1.
- Updated NuGet packages used for all projects.
- Added a level of uniqueness to queue names used by EventConsumers.
- Implemented an internal mechanism for handling HTTP content compression and decompression.
- Added some demo code for StudentSchoolEnrollment objects.
- Corrected issues with SIF AU Data Model 3.4.2.
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the latest version of the SIF AU Data Model 3.4.3.
Nov 03, 2018 - 184.108.40.206 Added custom parameters to Consumers and Providers
- Added custom parameters to Consumers and Providers (query parameters only).
Nov 04, 2018 - 220.127.116.11 Added demo Consumer and Provider for FQReportingObject objects
- Updated the SIF Framework to use the latest version of the SIF AU Data Model 3.4.4 (draft).
- Added demo Consumer and Provider for FQReportingObject objects.
Nov 07, 2018 - 18.104.22.168 Updated the SIF AU 3.4.4 Data Model (draft)
- Updated the SIF AU 3.4.4 Data Model (draft).
- Refactored the AU Demo Consumer and Provider to reflect the data model changes.
Nov 15, 2018 - 22.214.171.124 Updated the SIF Framework to .NET Standard
- Updated the SIF Framework to .NET Standard from .NET Framework.
- Enabled the creation and use of NuGet packages in relation to the SIF Framework.
- Refactored the demo projects to utilise the SIF Framework NuGet packages.
- Updated the training documentation to reflect the use of the SIF Framework NuGet packages.
Mar 24, 2019 - 126.96.36.199.1 Updated to the official release of the SIF AU 3.4.4 Data Model
- Updated to the official release of the SIF AU 3.4.4 Data Model.
- Refactored the AU Demo Consumer and Provider to reflect the data model updates.