Active Commerce Training Examples
Within this project you will find completed examples of exercises used during Active Commerce training, and other examples of extension and integration points that may be helpful in implementing Active Commerce.
Note that the examples within this project should not be considered production-ready code. They are merely intended to provide direction in your own implementation. These examples are not supported by Active Commerce, and we provide no warranty. Use at your own risk.
Products and Categories
- Extend the Product domain object and Sitecore template
- Example of importing product data via the Sitecore Item API on a scheduled/batched basis.
- Experimental example of real-time data integration via a Sitecore Data Provider for just specific fields within a product item.
- Example of a custom link provider to allow products to be used in links more generically (e.g. Generic Link field, Rich Text links), while maintaining product url resolution.
- Customizing the format of product urls.
- Example of creating a custom category domain object and Sitecore template
- Example of a 'Sort by Rating' custom product sort option
- Example of extending the stock data stored in the Active Commerce database, allowing that data to be edited in the Content Editor, and using that data to implement new stock business rules.
- Example of updating product stock data on a scheduled/batched basis.
- Implement a custom
ProductStockManagerto retrieve stock in real-time from an external web service.
Product Pricing and Taxes
- Extend the product pricing pipeline to retrieve pricing in real-time (with a timed cache) from an external web service.
- Modify the pricing pipeline to allow category-wide sale pricing.
- Allow display of price within product comparison tables
- Demonstrates how you can manipulate product pricing using the Sitecore Rules Engine
- Example of implementing a custom tax calculator in order to implement custom tax logic or integrate with an external tax service.
- Example of implementing a custom tax rate provider. This example could be used (with testing) as-is for very simple U.S. sales tax scenarios. See provided README.
- Example of implementing a custom address validator for the checkout process.
- Example of extending the data collected during checkout. There is a detailed overview of this example in the Active Commerce Developer's Cookbook
- Example of integrating with a new payment gateway for onsite / integrated payment.
- Extending the payment step of the checkout process and order processing to allow for payment by invoice / purchase order number.
- Construct a shopping cart and execute order processing directly through the Active Commerce domain layer.
- Example implementation of Gift Cards, including checkout modifications, a backing (NHibernate-based) Gift Card repository, and simple admin page.
Orders and Order Processing
- Extending the Order domain object and Sitecore template. This example is referenced/utilized within others in this solution.
- Example of adding a new processor to the order processing pipeline for real-time order data integration.
- Example of exporting order data with an external system on a scheduled/batched basis.
- Example of updating order status and tracking number from an external system on scheduled/batched basis.
- Simple example of replacing a component in Unity. In this case, the
- Allow a user to specify a product quantity before adding to cart.
- Custom discount actions, including true BOGO discounts.
- Allow user to estimate shipping costs by zip code
- Extend the data stored on the customer profile
- Get shipping rates from an external web service.
- Skinning/theming scripts, styles, HTML templates, etc.
- Persist a custom object to the Active Commerce database with NHibernate and manage the data with Sitecore SPEAK