Sample Unity project used to demonstrate the integration of Speech Recognition and Language Understanding using the new Microsoft Speech Service (currently in Preview) and LUIS from Microsoft Cognitive Services. This is a work in progress.
- Unity version: 2018.2.6f1
- Speech Service version: 0.6.0 (Preview)
- The Language Understanding (LUIS) integration work with Unity is based on a reference architecture design by my colleague Jared Bienz. Read his articles on Natural Language for Simulations here. The LUIS for XR code is on GitHub here. Follow the instructions in the second article of this series to setup your LUIS app and import the app model from the sample JSON file.
- This sample uses the Microsoft Speech SDK Sample for Unity. Please check that repo for specific notes about the speech support. That repo should also be considered the latest version to be used for your your own projects since I will not update this Speech-LUIS sample as often.
- You will need an Azure Cognitive Services account to use this sample: Create an account here.
- If you see any API keys in the code, these are either trial keys that will expire soon or temporary keys that may get invalidated. Please get your own keys. Get your own trial key to Bing Speech or the new Speech Service here. A free tier is available allowing 5,000 transactions per month, at a rate of 20 per minute.
- For LUIS, get your API key in the LUIS portal here. The free tier allows up to 10,000 free transactions per month.
- Microsoft Cognitive Services (formerly Project Oxford)
- Language Understanding Service (aka LUIS)
- New Cognitive Services Speech Service (currently in Preview)
- Natural Language for Simulations, by Jared Bienz
- Microsoft Speech Recognition Sample for Unity (aka Speech-to-Text)
- Microsoft Speech Synthesis Sample for Unity (aka Text-to-Speech)