PostGIS can be enabled on your PostgreSQL database via the Extension tab or via Command Line.
To install via command line:
- Connect to PostgreSQL
- If you have not created a database, create one now.
- Connect to your database.
- Install the PostGIS extension.
Note: GeoHelm also includes fuzzy_match_string, tiger, postgis_topology.
- Verify the installation via command line or the PostgreSQL Management Page
To install using the PostGIS/PgRouting Extension installer, click on the Extensions tab as shown below.
- Select the target database from the drop-down as shown below.
You must FIRST install PostGIS prior to installing any other of the listed extensions.
- Tick the PostGIS select button and then click the Save button as show below:
- Once PostGIS has been installed on a target database, you can then return to install additional extensions:
You can also un-install Extensions using above.