Layemout is the attempt at creating an intuitive web application to create comic books and strips using HTML5, CSS3 and localStorage().
- Resizable panels give you an easy way to storyboard and plan out layouts
- Randomize one of Wally Wood's 22 panels that always work
- Upload an image from your computer to place inside of the panel
- Delete, duplicate panels
- Cross-platform compatible (So you can use on iPad, etc).
- Publish your completed comic to a URL
- Export to image, PDF
- Choose a layout for your project
- Pick a basic template or browse the template gallery
- Upload drawings or start drawing
- Drag panel handles to resize, scale and rotate drawings within frame
- Active template change with images staying the same
- Organize your book (watch it page flip), publish it to a URL
- Export to image, PDF, save your template to the gallery
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. As it's about making comic books or and webcomics I doubt I'm the only programmer who has a wishlist for an app like this.
- jQuery: MIT/GPL license
- jQuery UI: MIT/GPL license
- Twitter Bootstrap: CC BY 3.0 license
The Unlicense (aka: public domain)