Here is the release notes, known issues, and hot fix information for Android SDK 4.x for Experience Cloud Solutions:
April 3, 2020: 4.18.2
- In App Messaging - For security reasons, WebViews created by the SDK now set property
March 12, 2020: 4.18.1
- Target – Target Session ID is now added as a context data parameter
a.target.sessionIdin the internal Analytics-for-Target hit sent to Adobe Analytics.
January 16, 2020: 4.18.0
Acquisition - Added a new API,
Analytics.processGooglePlayInstallReferrerUrl(final String url), to support Google Play Install Referrer APIs.
For more information about the Install Referrer APIs, see Still Using InstallBroadcast? Switch to the Play Referrer API by March 1, 2020.
September 20, 2019: Version 4.17.10
- General: Fixed locale string generation for some regions on Android API level 21 or newer.
July 18, 2019: Version 4.17.8
Adobe Target: All requests now include the client and the sessionId in the URL query parameters.
In-app Messaging: Fixed an issue where, when a message was triggered with an empty clickthrough URL, Android apps crashed.
Visitor ID Service: The
Visitor.getUrlVariablesAsyncAPIs no longer double-encode their return values.
The double-encoding was causing the return values from those APIs to be flagged by certain security reviews.
June 6, 2019: Version 4.17.7
- General - Networking calls on Android API levels lower than 20 will now use TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.
- Analytics - Appended push opt-in status to Lifecycle data when push notifications are enabled.
May 24, 2019: Version 4.17.6
- visitor ID Service - The
setPushIdentifierAPI call now sends a sync call to the Visitor ID Service every time it is called.
- Visitor ID Service - Increased the connect and read timeouts from 2 seconds to 5 seconds.
For more information about the current and past release notes for all solutions, see Adobe Experience Cloud Release Notes.