The builder generates a couples of files listed in the following:
- Linux kernel image (zImage) with applying two VMM patches
- Initramfs image file (out/rootfs.cpio.gz)
- The root file system built by Buildroot
- A kernel moudule (/root/rtvmm.ko)
- A RT-Thread image file (/vmm/rtthread.bin)
- Realview Platform Baseboard A8
- Beaglebone Black
The building environment is based on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (x86_64).
- Required Pacakges:
sudo apt-get install build-essential git zlib1g-dev libsdl1.2-dev libglib2.0-dev "automake*" "autoconf*" libtool libpixman-1-dev sudo apt-get install lib32gcc1 lib32ncurses5 sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-none-eabi libnewlib-arm-none-eabi qemu-system-arm
- Compile the kernel linux-3.8.13 with two VMM patches, RT-thread and the rtvmm driver.
- Execute the following command to launch qemu emulator. Key combination for Linux console and RT-Thread console are listed as follows:
- Linux console: Ctrl+Alt+F3
- RT-Thread console: Ctrl+Alt+F4
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F3 to enter Linux console mode. Excute the following command to launch RT-Thread VM.