A library of Digital Assets, Presets and Scripts for SideFX Houdini. Video overviews of several tools may be found here https://vimeo.com/user27356169
The /otls folder contains many HDAs (mostly SOP level) which are available from the 'aelib' context menu.
Assets which are mostly complete and stable are indicated by this icon:
Assets which are in progress are indicated by this icon:
WIP assets are usually missing some functionality or have known bugs/issues.
- Download the repository
- Extract and move into the Houdini config directory
- Append the provided houdini.env file to your own houdini.env
Evironment variables used:
- HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH: the assets
- HOUDINI_GALLERY_PATH: gallery items
- HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH: shelf tools
- HOUDINI_SCRIPT_PATH: scripts
- HOUDINI_VEX_PATH: custom Vex files (required in some assets)
The structure of this library is inspired by qLib - a large open source Houdini library - https://github.com/qLab/qLib Most of the assets found in Aelib will work in isolation. However, a few tools do make use of qLib so it is highly recommended that this is installed alongside Aelib.