Agora ReactNative Quickstart
This tutorial describes how to create an Agora account and build a sample app with Agora using React Native.
- Agora.io Developer Account
- react-native 0.58.x
- nodejs v10.15.x
- iOS & Android sdk
- real mobile phone
This repository shows you how to use Agora React Native SDK to build a simple video call app. It demonstrates you how to:
- Join / leave a channel
- Mute / unmute audio
- Switch camera views
- Layout multiple video views
Create an Account and Obtain an App ID
To build and run the sample application, first obtain an app ID:
- Create a developer account at agora.io. Once you finish the sign-up process, you are redirected to the dashboard.
- Navigate in the dashboard tree on the left to Projects > Project List.
- Copy the app ID that you obtain from the dashboard into a text file. You will use this when you launch the app.
Update and Run the Sample Application
Open the settings.js file and add the app ID.
const APPID = "";
Step 1. install node dependencies & link native modules
Run the below commands in this project directory:
npm install react-native link react-native-agora react-native link react-navigation react-native link react-native-gesture-handler react-native link react-native-vector-icons
Step 2. start react native package server
Once the build is complete, run the
run command to start the package server.
# start app npm run start
Step 3. run in native platform
cd ios; pod install
open ios/AgoraRNQuickStart.xcworkspaceopen in xcode
- Find Libraries -> RCTAgora.xcodeproj -> Build Phases -> Link Binary With Libraries -> AgoraRtcEngineKit.Framework
and replace by
- xcode build
Adding react-native-agora to your project
npm install react-native-agora --save
react-native link react-native-agora
- build and run it.
you can run
react-native run-androiddirectly to build android platform.
Building on iOS Platform
- you should add
pod "react-native-agora", path: "../node_modules/react-native-agora"in to Podfile and install the pod by
- open the
Podsfolder and replace
RCTAgoraby dragging it into Your Project -> Libraries -> RCTAgora.xcodeproj -> Build Phases -> Link Binary With Libraries
- Complete API documentation at the Developer Center
- File bugs about this sample
- React Native Getting Started
This software is under the MIT License (MIT).