Agora Android Tutorial
This 10-step tutorial will help you get video chat integrated directly into your Android applications using the Agora.io Real Time Communications SDK. This first app includes the following features:
- Make 1:1 Video Call
- Video Mute (Camera Off)
- Switch Camera
- Hang Up
Developer Environment Requirements
- Android Studio 2.0 or above
- Real devices (Nexus 5X or other devices)
- Note: Android simulator is NOT supported for rendering video, which is a requirement of this app
- Create a developer account and obtain an App ID at http://www.agora.io
- Update "app/src/main/res/values/strings.xml" with your App ID
- Download the Android SDK from the "Getting Started" tab
- Unzip the downloaded SDK package and copy the "*.jar" to "app/libs", "arm64-v8a"/"x86"/"armeabi-v7a" to "app/src/main/jniLibs"
This is an introduction to the Agora.io Real Communications SDK on Android. You can also find Agora.io Real Time Communications SDK for other platforms: Web, iOS, Windows, and macOS(OSX) at http://www.agora.io. From here, you can start building applications and integrate video chat.