title: Agora RTM Overview description: platform: All Platforms updatedAt: Thu Jul 25 2019 10:17:17 GMT+0800 (CST)
Agora RTM Overview
The Agora RTM SDK provides a stable messaging mechanism for you to build real-time messaging scenarios with low latency and high concurrency at a global level.
The Agora RTM SDK enables the following functions:
- Send and receive (offline) peer-to-peer messages.
- Send and receive channel messages.
- Get the member list of the channel.
- Create, send, cancel, accept, or decline a call invitation.
- Set, update, or get a user's attributes.
- Interconnect with the legacy Agora Signaling SDK
The Agora RTM SDK can be used in the following scenarios:
The Agora RTM SDK provides the following features:
|High concurrency||Supports sending up to a million channel messages at the same time. Can cope with the high concurrency situations typical in an online quizzing scenario.
|High reliability||Service availability at 99.999%|
|Low latency||Our data centers are deployed globally.
|Compatibility||Supports the following platforms:
Real-time Messaging vs. Signaling
The Agora Real-time Messaging SDK (RTM) is designed to replace the legacy Signaling SDK with much more exciting features.
Maintenance to the legacy Signaling SDK will end in the fourth quarter of 2019.