Callisto is developed to provide an easy solution for conducting courses with Jupyter Notebooks.
Click on the image below for a short tour of Callisto.
Why Use Callisto
- Callisto comes with an electron based desktop client for all major operating systems. On installation the app sets up the Python environment with all the required dependencies for the student.
- All requires binaries are bundled with the app distribution, in-case of limited internet bandwidth students can directly download the app distribution from faster local network.
- Fetch and launch latest assignment notebooks with a single click.
- Single button submission during tests.
For Course Admins
- No corrupt or ill formated test submissions.
- Easy to integrate with any automated grader.
Before proceeding server make sure you have installed MongoDB and the mongo daemon is running.
Once you have setup MongoDB, install npm dependencies.
cd server npm install
Launch development server by running,
For production use we recommend using forever.
npm install -g forever forever start ./utils_scripts/foreverConfig.json
While bootstrapping the database administrator account can be created as follows,
The default administrator credentials are "admin:admin".
To launch the client, we must first install electron. We recommend installing electron globally.
npm install -g electron
Once electron is installed, proceed to download Anaconda installers. Please note that installers for all supported operating systems is downloaded during this step and consume up to 10GB of memory.
cd client ./download_conda.sh
The client app can be launched in development mode via,
To create a binary for the client first install electron-packager.
npm install -g electron-packager
To build artifacts simply run,
Note: MacOS artifacts should be created on Mac machines only.