Monitor Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons and record their information. Currently, only recording advertised service data is supported. You can monitor which services are advertised by using the nRF Connect app (service data UUIDs). Connecting and reading/writing service chararcteristics will be supported in a future version.
This adapter needs additional libraries to compile. See https://github.com/sandeepmistry/noble#prerequisites for detailed instructions.
On Raspberry Pi and similar, this should do it:
sudo apt-get install bluetooth bluez libbluetooth-dev libudev-dev
If you have multiple bluetooth devices on your system, select the one to use from the dropdown. In the textbox below, enter all UUIDs of the advertised services you want to record (as found in the nRF Connect app).
The adapter supports extension via plugins. Those define which advertised services should be listened to and how to translate the data. The plugin structure is defined in https://github.com/AlCalzone/ioBroker.ble/blob/master/src/plugins/plugin.ts and an example of a working plugin is defined here https://github.com/AlCalzone/ioBroker.ble/blob/master/src/plugins/_default.ts
If you have any device transmitting specially encoded information via advertisements, feel free to create a PR with a new plugin for that.
"xiaomi": All xiaomi bluetooth sensors, including
"mi-flora": Original plugin for the flower care plant sensor, now aliased to
"ruuvi-tag": Ruuvi Tag multisensor with firmware versions v1 and v2. Untested, please give feedback!
- (AlCalzone) Add NodeJS 10 support
- (AlCalzone) Add an option to disallow new devices
- (AlCalzone) Bugfix: Preserving object properties works again
- (AlCalzone) Cache objects for a short while instead of retrieving them from ioBroker all the time
- (AlCalzone) Support negative temperatures from Xiaomi devices
- (AlCalzone) Fixed
- (AlCalzone) Restored accidentally deleted
- (JonasR & AlCalzone) Added support for the Ruuvi Tag with the
- (AlCalzone) Fixed the parsing of temperature+humidity packets from the Xiaomi temperature sensor
- (AlCalzone) Forgot to load legacy
- (AlCalzone) Fixed an error when a plugin defines no objects
- (zuvielx9 & AlCalzone) Support for all Xiaomi bluetooth sensors using the
- (AlCalzone) reworked plugin system slightly
- (AlCalzone) Bugfix: Next attempt at preserving object properties like history and name
- (AlCalzone) Bugfix: Keep
historysettings by not overriding existing objects
- (AlCalzone) Bugfix: When plugins return
undefined, ignore the packet
- (AlCalzone) Enable logging of RSSI
- (AlCalzone) Add * wildcard for "all services"
- (AlCalzone) Bugfix: don't throw error when RSSI state doens't exist
- (AlCalzone) Support throttling of RSSI updates
- (AlCalzone) Bugfix: Only monitor services from enabled plugins
- (AlCalzone) Bugfix: last patch broke the service filtering
- (AlCalzone) Modularized the adapter code into a plugin system
- (AlCalzone) Added Mi-Flora plugin
- (AlCalzone) Support selection of bluetooth devices
- (AlCalzone) Store more information, improved object structure.
- (AlCalzone) initial release
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2017 AlCalzone email@example.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.