Welcome to my game for #GGJ18 !
In this page, you will learn how to setup and play this game.
- Download Node.js if you haven't yet.
- Download the package from here.
- Unzip and run
npm ito install dependencies.
- If you want to change the default port, Navigate to the end of
20080to any port you want.
npm startto start the server.
- Navigate to http://localhost:20080 to see your thing working!
To play, you need:
- Three players (including yourself.)
- Both with a computer or smart phone that can somehow access the server.
- Nothing else.
Don't use the following:
These are something that you should not use for a good gameplay:
- Pen or paper
- Communications beside in this game (including body language)
If you don't know some of these, just don't mind them.
- Wireshark, Fiddler or anything like that
Everyone should have his/her own password. Enter that in the field.
There will be 3 characters: Alice, Bob and Eve.
The game plays as follows:
|0||Alice has a secret string||and Eve has one too.|
|1||She want to send a message to Bob||And Bob wants to know Alice's string.|
|2||So she throws something ->||to Eve.|
|3||Eve gets it,modifies it a bit..|
|4||..send it to Bob->||Gotcha!|
|5||Bob get the two messages from Alice and Eve.|
|6||He tries to figure out which is from Alice.|
|...||Alice repeatedly sends messages to Bob.||And Eve repeatedly intercepts messages.||Bob can also send Alice messages.|
|n||Bob thinks he got the correct string, and send it to the computer.|
Who is winning?
- Alice and Bob are winning if and only if Bob gets Alice's message.
- Eve is winning if and only if Bob gets Eve's message.
- The computer(me!) is winning if and only if Bob gets neither Alice's nor Eve's message.
What will the "secret string" be?
It will be a string of
syllables, randomly generated by the computer.
A syllable is a vowel after a consonant, or a consonant after a vowel. For example,
ouf are syllables, but
fc are not.
During each transmission, every letter has a chance of 20% to lost and a chance of 30% to be a random letter. So pay attention, what you get may not be what he/she sent!
Start having fun!