Chess Tactics Trainer
Practice your chess skills by playing random chess puzzles.
This app was made using the following projects:
- ChessboardJSX to display the chess board & pieces
- chess.js for chess move generation/validation, piece placement/movement, and check/checkmate/stalemate detection - basically everything but the AI.
- Chess Blunders API to fetch random chess puzzles, along with game & player informations
This project was bootstrapped with Create React App.
The UI shows informations about the current puzzle on the left, fetched from Chess Blunders API:
- Number of favs
- Number of likes
- Number of dislikes
- Number of comments
On the right there are informations (if available) about the actual game from which came the puzzle: who played black and who played white (name + rank). There is also the history of moves made in the game.
- Play current puzzle until you solve it - Note: you can only make a certain move each time, the good one 👌
- Restart current puzzle
- Go to next puzzle
- Github Pages hosting + CI/CD
- Hint button
- Scoring system
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.