Devise based authentication for Alchemy 4.0
AlchemyCMS has no authentication in its core. So it is possibly to bring your own authentication and use it to authorize users in AlchemyCMS. If you don't have your own authentication, you can use this gem.
Just put the gem into your projects
# Gemfile gem 'alchemy-devise', github: 'AlchemyCMS/alchemy-devise', branch: 'master'
NOTE: You normally want to use a stable branch, like
Then run the installer:
$ bin/rails g alchemy:devise:install
After updating the gem, please run the installer again.
$ bundle update alchemy-devise $ bin/rails g alchemy:devise:install
Default Devise modules included in
If you want to add additional modules into the Alchemy user class append them to
Alchemy.devise_modules in an initializer in your app.
Register additional modules example
# config/initializers/alchemy.rb Alchemy.devise_modules << :registerable
Using old encryption
If your app uses an old encryption that needs the +devise-encryptable+ gem you also need to load the devise module.
# config/initializers/alchemy.rb Alchemy.devise_modules << :encryptable
If you want to contribute (and you should ^_^), you need to run the tests locally on your machine.
Just follow these pretty rails standard way of testing projects:
1. Once to prepare the test suite:
Clone the repo to your local harddrive. Then
$ bundle install $ rake alchemy:spec:prepare
2. Run the tests with:
Optional: Even shorter
That prepares the database and runs the Rspec task in one step.
- If you have bugs, please use the issue tracker on Github.
- For Q&A and general usage, please use the User Group or the IRC channel.
- New features should be discussed on our Trello Board. PLEASE don't use the Github issues for new features.
- Homepage: http://alchemy-cms.com
- Live-Demo: https://demo.alchemy-cms.com (user: demo, password: demo123)
- API Documentation: http://rubydoc.info/github/AlchemyCMS/alchemy-devise
- Issue-Tracker: https://github.com/AlchemyCMS/alchemy-devise/issues
- Sourcecode: https://github.com/AlchemyCMS/alchemy-devise
- User Group: http://groups.google.com/group/alchemy-cms
- IRC Channel: #alchemy_cms on irc.freenode.net
- Discussion Board: https://trello.com/alchemycms