CAUTION: This branch is a beta development branch. For productive environments use master branch.
- Highly flexible Templating:
- Content is stored in small parts not as a complete, monolithic page
- The designer chooses the template structure, not the CMS!
- Every Design is possible, no templating, or theming restrictions
- Even Flash® Content Management is possible
- Gorgious End-User centric interface:
- No markup editors
- Create as many (complete independent) language trees as you want
- URL based language switching
- Every Part of SEO is manageable by the user
- Human readable urls (multilingual)
- automatic XML Sitemap generation
- Access Control:
- Rolebased Authentification (RBAS)
- Protect pages for restricted access
- Fulltext Search
- RSS Feeds
- Attachments and downloads
- Powerfull image rendering
- Image Cropping via an graphical Userinterface!
- Borders, Text, Rotation
- and much more via Imagemagick processing (polaroid effect, etc.)
- and all this gets cached!
- Flexible Plugin DSL allows you to add custom plugins into Alchemy
- Integrates in exsiting Rails Apps
- Completely free:
- BSD License
- No Enterprise Licences, or Community Editions
- Hostable on any Server that supports RubyOnRails and ImageMagick (Software Requirements)
This branch of Alchemy runs with Rails 3.1.3.
If you are looking for a Rails 3 compatible version check the master branch.
If you are looking for a Rails 2 compatible version check the rails-2 branch.
Alchemy under Ruby 1.8.7, Ruby 1.9.2, Ruby 1.9.3 and REE (Ruby Enterprise Edition).
Use the installer (recommended):
gem install alchemy_cms --pre alchemy new my_magicpage
Start the local server:
Then just switch to your browser and open
Projects running with Alchemy CMS version < 2.1 needs to be upgraded.
Otherwise errors will be raised like this:
uninitialized constant EssenceText
You have to use the following Upgrade-Task. Run in terminal:
Add to existing Rails project
In your Gemfile:
gem 'alchemy_cms', '~> 2.1.beta7', :git => 'git://github.com/magiclabs/alchemy_cms.git', :branch => 'next_stable'
Run in terminal:
bundle install rake alchemy:install:migrations rake db:migrate rake alchemy:db:seed
This generator creates all necessary folders and files needed for creating your own page layouts and elements for your website:
rails generate alchemy:scaffold
If you use the ferret full text search (enabled by default), then please add a job to your crontab that reindexes the ferret index.
cd /path/to/your/alchemy && RAILS_ENV=production rake ferret:rebuild_index > /dev/null
You can easily create your element files (for view and editor) depending on the
elements.ymlwith this generator:
rails generate elements
- Homepage: http://alchemy-cms.com
- Live-Demo: http://demo.alchemy-cms.com (user: demo, password: demo)
- Wiki: http://wiki.alchemy-cms.com
- API Documentation: http://api.alchemy-cms.com
- Issue-Tracker: http://issues.alchemy-cms.com
- Sourcecode: http://source.alchemy-cms.com
- User Group: http://groups.google.com/group/alchemy-cms
- Thomas von Deyen: https://github.com/tvdeyen
- Robin Böning: https://github.com/robinboening
- Marc Schettke: https://github.com/masche842
- Carsten Fregin: https://github.com/cfregin