Filling issues and contributing to nut tool
First of all, thank you for your interest in making Go ecosystem better! There are number of ways you can help:
- reporting bugs;
- proposing features;
- contributing code bug fixes and new features;
- contributing documentation fixes (there is probably a ton of grammar errors :/) and improvements.
The following sections describes those scenarios. Golden rule: communicate first, code later.
Make sure bug is reproducible with latest released version:
go get -u github.com/AlekSi/nut/....
Search for existing bug report.
Create a new issue if needed. Please do not assign any label.
Include output of:
(cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/AlekSi/nut && git describe --tags) go env
Include any other information you think may help.
- Read all previous sections first.
- Nut tool uses Git Flow. Make sure you are starting with branch
developfor new feature and
masterfor bug fix.
- You can make small changes right in the web interface. Spot a typo? Fix it! :)
- For bigger changes setup a separate workspace a.k.a. GOPATH (strictly required for integration tests), make a fork on GitHub and clone it into
make prepareto install remote packages and
maketo run unit and integration tests.
git flow feature startor
git flow hotfix startto create a branch.
- Make your changes. Run and update tests. Do not change version.
- Publish your
- Make a pull request.