Alex@ELEC - Embedded Linux Entertainment Center
- Ultra fast boot
- Simple configuration via Kodi itself
- Plug and Play external storage
- Support DVB-S2/T2
- Kodi HTPC software – View/Manage all your media.
- VDR - digital satellite receiver and Video Disk Recorder.
- AceStream/AceProxy – Torrent-TV.
- RetroArch – play retro games.
- Samba server – File transfer from any PC client
- SSH server – Remote console access for debugging
- IR/Bluetooth Remote Control
- SSH login details are user: “root” password: “mcpc”. SSH allows command line access to your Alex@ELEC machine for configuration and file transfer. Linux/Mac clients can natively use SSH, while Windows users might want to try PuTTY for their terminal access.
- $HOME is mounted on /storage (the second ext4 partition on the drive). All data transfered to the machine will go here, the rest of the system is read-only with the exception of /var (containing runtime configuration data).
- Manual update/downgrade procedure is as follows: Copy the snapshot (.tar) to the 'Update' network share (or /storage/.update) on your Alex@ELEC machine. Your system will automatically upgrade during the next reboot.
- Automatic mounting of filesystems is supported. Devices such as USB Flash sticks can be plugged into a running machine and will be mounted to /media, showing up in Kodi’s GUI.
- Comments and questions are more than welcome, help is even better and patches are absolutely perfect!!
- Forums on http://forum.alexelec.in.ua