The ultimate PWA for movie night polls.
Película is modern progressive web application aiming to simplify the process of selecting what to watch during the next movie night with your friends.
Perfect for tech startups who organize movie nights with the colleagues. The open source version can be hosted on-premises or public cloud/CDN providers like Firebase and Netlify for free.
The initial version will use Firebase as the realtime backend provider, but with the community help it can be backend agnostic in the future.
SaaS offering hosted by us featuring recurrent movie nights, API integrations and AI-augmented suggestions based on previous choices, genres and critic scores.
- Based on Nuxt: no need to eject, fully upgradable, modular and able to pre-render certain routes
- Backed by and hosted on: Firebase: authentication, Firestore realtime DB and CDN
- Backend agnostic: remove the usage of Firebase constraint and allow other realtime (deepstreamHub, Sockets.IO) and non-realtime (REST APIs, GraphQL) data sources
- Create a new project on Firebase Firebase.
- Enable Authentication, Cloud Firestore, and Hosting.
- Copy the
- Fill in the environmental variables with your own.
- Build and deploy the project.
- Press this button:
- Add the environmental variables from
.env.exampleto your Netlify site dashboard under Settings > Build & deploy > Environment > Environment variables
Local Development Setup
# install dependencies $ yarn install # serve with hot reload at localhost:3000 $ yarn run dev # generate static project $ yarn run generate
For detailed explanation on how things work, checkout Nuxt.js docs.