Kalevala is a tile-laying game for two players inspired by the board game Völuspá by Scott Caputo.
- Fast-paced strategic gameplay for two players
- Cute petroglyph-inspired art
- Dynamically resizing board
- Detailed log of all moves made
- AI opponent with one-ply lookahead
- Online multiplayer mode using WebSockets (server code here)
- Hotseat mode for local multiplayer
- All in only ~1500 clean, well-documented lines of Elm code
See the rules page.
First install Elm.
elm make Kalevala.elm Rules.elm elm reactor # to serve HTML and allow debugging
and go to
It's based on the board game Völuspá, designed by Scott Caputo and published by White Goblin Games. Völuspá supports up to four players and has many expansions that add new tiles - if you like Kalevala, you should check it out!