Sometimes when you downloaded a disk image from internet and if you are with Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, you could get error message saying: "Couldn't Mount File: Sorry there was a problem mounting the file", while mounting the disk image.
One of the possible solutions is to copy the file and after this everything works. But what will happen if the file is, let's say around 60GB or 80GB and you don't want to wait for another 20 or 30 minutes to copy the file, or even worst you don't have enough disk space to do that.
One of the problems causing this error is that the file is flagged as SPARSE and this flag needs to be removed in addition the disk image to mount.
- Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 Operation System
- .NET version 4.0
How does this thingy works?
- You launch the application from the EXE folder.
- Select the file by clicking the Browse button or typing the filename in the textbox.
- Click the button "Remove Sparse Flag".
- Wait till the process completes.
- Try to mount the disk image.
If you type in the filename in the textbox, the app will search for the file in the current directory.
What this thingy does?
- Try to get the attributes of the selected file.
- Remove the Read-Only flag, if it is set.
- Set the Sparse flag to 0 (zero), if it is set to 1 (one).
Copyright (c) 2015 Aleksandar Bushev
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
- Free for use;
- Modifications to the software to be synchronized with the curator.
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.