WATCH OUT! A new version of this template for Alfresco One 5.0 is available here https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-cloudformation-chef Please, referer to the link above for newer code and resources.
Disclaimer: This CloudFormation template is still in early development and should be considered for illustrative/educational purposes only. No warranty is expressed or implied. Improvements and any other contributions are encouraged and appreciated.
This template will instantiate a 2-node Alfresco cluster with the following capabilities:
- All Alfresco nodes will be placed inside a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- An Elastic Load Balancer instance with "sticky" sessions based on the Tomcat JSESSIONID.
- Shared S3 ContentStore
- MySQL database on RDS instances.
- Each Alfresco node will be in a separate Availability Zone.
- Auto-scaling roles that will add extra Alfresco nodes when certain performance thresholds are reached.
- Launch the AWS Console
- Click Create Stack.
- Name and upload the Alfresco CloudFormation Template.
- Click Continue.
- Fill out the form making sure you review the following:
- Ensure you use the name of an existing S3 bucket.
- Verify the instance sizes and be mindful of the hourly costs.
- Provide the logins and passwords for the database and Alfresco admin accounts. These accounts and passwords will be created & set by the template.
- Ensure you set the correct EC2 key.
- Click Continue and finish the wizard.
- The instances will take 10-15 minutes to start.
- Use the Events tab to review status and any errors.
- Once the environment starts, use the Output tab to get the URL of the load-balancer.
- If stack deletion does not complete and the Events show an error related to VPC, login to the VPC console and delete the corresponding VPC; then delete the stack again.
Copyright 2013 Alfresco Software, Ltd. Copyright 2013 Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
This work may reference software licensed under other open source licenses, please refer to these respective works for more information on license terms.