Learn the Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol!
A flashcard website to help web developer students memorize the most commonly used HTTP status codes. The user is shown an HTTP status code (e.g., 404, 200, etc.) and given four options to select the correct corresponding meaning from. If the user is logged in, every correct answer will be stored on their account as a point. View the project here!
This project was built with Node, Express, and Handlebars. I used Materialize for the styling. User accounts are stored on mLab's MongoDB cloud hosting, using Mongoose to connect.
Clone the repo and run:
npm install node index.js
This will run the project on a node server on port 3000.
- Styling for user profiles
- More detailed storing of users' progress beyond points for correct answers
- Flashcard sets for other useful skills
- Display detailed description of the status codes to the user
- Add a mode in which all of the multiple choices are in the same hundreds range
- Combine with Make it Permanent to form one super-site of skill-building