Resources for OpenCV, Python and Face Recognition packages
OpenCV related demos and face recognition files
- Familiarize yourself with Unix/Linux terminal commands
- Installation of OpenCV
- Note: I personally had trouble installing OpenCV on my Mac, but Adrian Rosebrock, person who started PyImageSearch, was very helpful. In fact, this was first time I submitted online question and he was very quick with response.
- Youtube tutorial on how to install OpenCV
- Official OpenCV documentation with some tutorials
- My favorite: face_recognition package that uses dlib
- Install Dlib: based on my github "tutorial"
- Buidling Face Recognition using Python and OpenCV by Bikramjot Singh Hanzra. Great Face Recognition tutorial for those who just started to learn.
- Face Detection using Haar Featured-based Cascade Classifiers is another great tutorial (with video) by Rragundez for those that just started learning.
- Tutorial to build face recognition using OpenFace and Dlib
- Image recognition package by Google using Tensorflow
- Deep Video Analytics allows to extracting certain information from videos and images
- FaceNet that uses TensorFlow to recognize faces)
- List of 10+ face recognition/detection APIs
- ImageNet is one of the largest image database online. One of the people who worked on this project is Fei Fei Li. Fun fact you can watch her TedEx video
- Imutils series of functions that help to manipulate images (i.e. rotation, color change, resizing).
- I highly recommend PyImageSearch as it has free installation guides that are very hands-on.
- List of emotion detection face recognition APIs.
- Tutorial on [TensorFlow](https://www.datacamp.com/community/tutorials/tensorflow-tutorial#model
- Object detection using deep learning (CNN) based on TensorFlow