This project aims to duplicate the methods present on Mac OSX which allow creation of
NSAttributedString from HTML code on iOS.
This is useful for drawing simple rich text like any HTML document without having to use a
At present the following tags are supported:
- Headers H1 - H6
- Paragraphs: P
- Bold: B, STRONG
- Italic: I, EM
- Underline: U
- Superscript: SUP
- Subscript: SUB, e.g. e = mc2
- Styling: FONT (face and color, not size). It would be great if we could support many more styles
- Unordered Lists: UL, LI
- Ordered Lists: OL, LI
Currently attributes are inherited by enclosed tags via 'brute force'. I don't know if this is accurate.
- Decode HTML Entities
- A HREF tags, to format links
- More styles, as far as supported by CoreText
- Caret Positioning
- Hit Detection on strings attributed with HREF
- Text Insertion
There is still quite a few more things to do on the project. DEL, possibly CSS styles as they related to fonts and text formatting.
If you find brief test cases where the created
NSAttributedString differs from the version on OSX please send them to us!
Follow @cocoanetics on Twitter.