Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
Ascent 0.5.1 - Released 2020-01-31
ascent-v0.5.1-src-with-blt.tar.gz includes submodules.
- Added support to render multiple topologies in the same scene.
- Added a Data Object construct to the main Ascent runtime to easily manage transformations between in-memory mesh representations.
- Issue where cycle was not properly propagated when converting mfem data.
- Cinema issue where zoom was applied additively each cycle to oblivion.
- Cinema issue where cameras were not following the center of the data set.
Ascent 0.5.0 - Released 2019-11-14
ascent-v0.5.0-src-with-blt.zip include submodules.
- Added new Tutorial Content including C++, Python, and Python-based Jupyter Notebook examples.
- Added docs for Queries and Triggers
- Added a Jupyter Extract that provides interactive Python Notebook access to published mesh data. See the related Cloverleaf Demo.
- Deprecated the
ascent.execute(actions)now implicitly resets and execute the Ascent actions. To maintain a degree of backwards compatibility, using
resetare still passable to
ascent.execute(actions). Internally, the internal data flow network will only be rebuilt when the current actions differ from the previously executed actions. Note: this only occurs when the Ascent runtime object is persistent between calls to
- Added support for YAML
ascent_optionsfiles. YAML files are much easier for humans to compose
- Add a relative offset option to the Slice filter.
- Several improvements to Ascent's Expression infrastructure.
- Updated our uberenv-based to use a 2019/11 version of spack develop.
- Improved Python error handling and propagation.
- Updated Docker example to build with Jupyter Notebook support.
- Updated to VTK-m 1.5.0 and associated VTK-h.
- Imposed necessary static build constraints for cuda support.
- Several minor bug fixes
*Additional plot type: mesh plot
*Additional filters: IsoVolume and ClipByField
*Support for additional clipping implicit functions
*Added installation of proxies and tutorial files
*Support for python extracts
*Adding additional camera controls: azimuth and elevation
* update to new spack develop * add unzip package to docker * updates for new spack * fix missing uberenv inhertiance, tweaks to travis and docker build configs * init const props needed for filter interface * update spack compiles and pkgs for llnl systems * variant is vtkh instead of vtkm * try mpich for travis and avoid building cython * expliclity use +mpi variant so we can trigger mpich * quote spec when handing to uber