Anchorpoint is a simple management application for VFX, animation and real-time projects. It organizes assets and tasks in one cohesive app. More Information.
If you've worked with Visual Studio Code, you know the concept of extensions. Visual Studio Code is delivered as a lightweight application and can be customized to your needs with extensions. An extension in Anchorpoint is like a collection of actions in Anchorpoint. For example, an action is a command, a hook, or an integration with another application.
- Create file/ folder templates and set naming conventions
- Map Drives
- Batch rename
- Build custom UIs
- Build integrations to your DCCs
- Connect to render farms and cloud providers
Everything where you have to do a lot of manual work (renaming files, copying files, constantly opening the DCC to load files and save them again or bugging your teammates to put data in the right place) you can automate with Actions.
The best way to get started is looking and code examples and modify them.
- Download Anchorpoint
- Go to your workspace settings
- Enable Coding Examples
- The “Show Code” button will navigate to the source files
- A right click on a folder will show the coding example actions. You can try them out.
To get a good feeling just modify the greetings.yaml and greetings.py in the "ui" folder in the source code. Then in the folder context menu pick "UI / Greetings Dialog" which will execute that Action.
- High resolution thumbnails for Blender files
- Turn any folder to a drive to solve the issue with absolute file paths
- Use .gitignore templates for Unity, Unreal or Godot
- Create a folder template with options from a UI
- Understand how to build a custom UI and set Attributes
- Coding utilities that are helpful when creating your own actions for Anchorpoint
Do you have scripts that you use in your workflow and think that they could be valuable for other users? Share them via a pull request. If you need any help feel free to contact us directly. You can talk to us on our Discord server or via Email.