Installs Gecode 3.5.0+ development package.
- Debian, Ubuntu
- Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora
- Mac OS X 10.6+
- apt - for installing packages from apt.opscode.com
- build-essential - for compiling from source
node['gecode']['install_method']- Specifies the recipe to use for installing gecode.
node['gecode']['url']- base url to download from. Default is the Gecode distribution server.
node['gecode']['version']- version of gecode to install.
node['gecode']['checksum']- checksum of the source tarball.
node['gecode']['configure_options']- array of options to pass to ./configure for compiling gecode.
Include default recipe in a run list, to get some Gecode installed. Installs Gecode by package or source depending on the platform. The recipe is primarily used to install gecode's development package or from source in order to install the
dep_selector gem, which needs to compile native extensions.
Installs Gecode from packages. On Debian and Ubuntu systems, the recipe will attempt to install packages from apt.opscode.com. It uses the apt repository LWRP in Opscode's apt cookbook to enable the repository. For releases after Debian 7.0 (Wheezy) and Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty), Gecode 3.5.0+ exists in the main repositories.
Installs Gecode from source. Note that compiling gecode takes a long time, up to ~30 minutes on a 4 core Macbook Pro.
- [COOK-663] - upgrade libgecode-dev package
- [COOK-778] - update ld.so.conf
- split default recipe into source and package recipe (follows pattern of other cookbooks)
- externalize source installation metadata into attributes
- verify mac os x platform support
- [COOK-538] fix gecode install on newer ubuntu and debian releases
- [COOK-680] don't rebuild gecode if it is already installed
- initial release
License and Author
Copyright 2009-2011, Opscode, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.