Run your shiny App on Amazon AWS launching a function. No setup no pain, just hit that run button!
A detailed tutorial is provided here.
If you are already comfortable with Amazon AWS, find below a short tutorial.
How to use it
Develop your Shiny App (http://shiny.rstudio.com)
Launch an instance on amazon AWS (see aws doc here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-launch-instance_linux.html)
save your key pair into your shiny app folder
install ramazon package
ramazon(Public_DNS, key_pair_name), where
Public_DNSis your ec2 instance public_DNS and
key_pair_nameis the name of your key pair file.
watch your app on Amazon!
What ramazon takes care of
- establish a connection
- modify sources.list to add R Cran Server
- Install an updated version of R
- detect and install all required R packages
- Install R Studio Server
- Remove Example page from R studio Server
- Copy your shiny app on Amazon Server
You are not getting it? No problem, just run ramazon()!