(Name subject to change)
Rusty Rogue is a (prototype) procedurally generated, real-time action roguelike written in the Rust programming language. It was originally built as a course project for the Spring 2014 section of UVA's CS 4414 Operating Systems class. The game is a proof-of-concept for Rust's concurrency and game development capabilities. The main features are:
- Deterministic procedural generation
- Two-dimensional graphics
- Concurrent graph search using A*
- Rust, a new and totally awesome systems programming language. This project is currently using Rust 1.0 stable.
- Cargo, Rust's wonderful package manager. May or may not be included with your Rust install.
- SFML version 2.2, a cross-platform multimedia library. Make sure to install the right version!
- CSFML version 2.2. C bindings for SFML.
- All Rust libraries will be automatically downloaded and compiled by Cargo. (See
Cargo.tomlfor the list.)
To run the game:
To test the new Piston-powered version:
cargo run -- --new (warning: super incomplete)
To test the new dungeon generation:
cargo run -- --dungeon (also incomplete)
To run the old dungeon generation test:
cargo run -- --gen
To run the pathfinding test:
cargo run -- --search
To run the JSON seralization test:
cargo run -- --json
- Move: arrow keys
- Toggle line-of-sight debug view:
- Toggle pathfinding debug view :
- Toggle all debug info:
All the assets used are from the amazing OpenGameArt.org! Links to the individual asset pack(s) will be added here soon.
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to http://unlicense.org/