--- title: Workforce Diversity in the UK Screen Sector: Evidence Review slug: workforce-diversity-in-the-uk-screen-sector-evidence-review date: 08-03-2018 published: true publish_date: 08-03-2018 taxonomy: category: reports tag: [diversity,workforce] featured: yes source: british film institute credit: [University of Leicester] resourcelink: 1Lthr2AWzZDQUTiHg-MJX0-SuniiLf4DL sourcelink: http://www.bfi.org.uk/education-research/film-industry-statistics-research/reports/workforce-diversity ---
This report gives the most complete picture to date of research into workforce diversity in the UK screen sector (film, television, video games, animation programming and visual effects).
The report includes:
- The current state of workforce diversity;
- The complex causes of the lack of workforce diversity;
- Interventions to increase workforce diversity;
- The evidence on positive social and business benefits of increased workforce diversity.
- The review assessed evidence from more than 60 research publications with a primary focus upon workforce issues and one or more diversity characteristics in the UK screen sector, and which were published in English between 2012 and 2016.
The review was commissioned by the BFI’s Research and Statistics Fund and undertaken by the CAMEo Research Institute for Cultural and Media Economies at the University of Leicester.