====================== After having spent one too many years not interacting with the opposite sex, I began to feel like I would never find a partner, and so it is with a sense of urgency that I've decided to invite people to contact me here.
- No smokers. (Required)
- No one whose personality changes when they drink. (Required)
- Someone who has at least 5 friends from elementary school, high school, or university that they still keep in contact with.
- Someone who has professional relationships, which have lasted at least one year, with over 20 people (this includes relationships on Facebook).
- Someone who can speak with his neighbors (regardless of their age or gender) for at least 30 minutes.
- Someone who enjoys interacting with young children.
- Someone who likes eating vegetables and natto.
- Someone who can speak with a person of non-Japanese descent for over 20 minutes (even if the spoken language is Japanese).
- Someone who does not blame other people for his own problems.
- Someone who can make plans for leisure activities (trips, hobbies) and execute those plans.
- Someone who does not become jealous of rich, beautiful or famous people.
- Someone who does not compare himself to others, gloating or feeling a general sense of superiority.
- Someone who strives to always better himself.
- Someone who can tolerate social gaming companies like Zynga, GREE, or Mobage.
- Someone who prefers Mac/Linux to Windows.
- Someone who does not, under any circumstances, become violent. (Required)
- Someone who does not compare me to my mother.
- Someone capable of basic greetings. ("Good morning", "good night", "thank you" required.)
- Someone who feels they are happy no matter what their current circumstances may be.
- Someone who can share in doing housework/chores.
- Someone who does not force their beliefs on other people.
- Someone who treats women equally.
- Someone who can be open about money and how they earn a living.
- Someone who sympathizes with the work of Peter Drucker and who has adopted some of his "seven principles".
- Someone capable of at least basic interaction with anyone, regardless of race, creed, or class.
- Someone who does not, under any circumstances, become uncontrollably angry. (Required)
- Someone who has at least one hobby outside of work.
- Someone who can play classic or jazz piano.
- Someone who can go the winter without turning on the AC/heater.
- Someone who plays at most only 1 hour of videogames a day, or at most only 30 minutes of TV.
(The following preferences apply to programmers and other engineers)
- Someone who writes beautiful code--it makes me cry tears of joy. (Required)
- Someone who maintains their own server (Required, Linux preferred)
- Someone who will let me help them maintain their own server (Required)
- Someone with public repos on Github (Required)
Do not contact me if:
- You have become angry after reading the above preferences.
- You have decided to send me hate mail after reading the above preferences.
- Age: Late 30's
- Gender: Female
- Marriage history: None
- Height: 154cm
- Weight: ? (I'd like to lose some)
- Personality: Laid back, a little stubborn, straightforward, optimistic, curious
- Favorite words: "justice", "potential", "freedom", "contribute"
- Profession: Software Engineer/general management at a social gaming company (I have beenworking as an engineer for 7 years: Java -> mobile content -> social games -> kicking back in general affairs).
- DB: MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, PostgreSQL
- OS: MacOS, Linux, Windows
- PC: MacBook Pro Retina, Mid 2012 (finally bought a new one after 3 and 1/2 years!)
- Other devices: iPhone 5 (White), the latest iPad (White), Softbank 912SH (Black), Nintendo 3DS (Pink), PSP-3000 (Pink), Wii, PS3 (CECH-3000B).
- Games: Taiko no Tatsujin Series (I own almost the entire series, and can just barely beat some 9-star levels on the highest difficulty on the home and arcade versions. I sometimes play at the local arcade.), Monster Hunter Series
- Smoking: Never have.
- Alcohol: 1-2 times per year.
- Favorite Artists: Lady Gaga, Billy Joel, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Chicago, George Winston, ZARD, Kouzou Murashita.
- Hobbies: Baseball (I like the Yomiuri Giants), piano, computers
- Favorite books: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Richards Covey
It's been 7 years since I moved to Tokyo. I thought I could find someone anytime I wanted, but before I knew it I turned 30. I work as a Software Engineer, but am interested in management and business strategy as well. On the weekends I often attend public events and seminars held in my neighborhood, but for the most part I read, write down ideas I have based on my experiences working in the industry, and play the piano. I'd like to find someone who I can live leisurely with, allowing us both to enjoy our work and personal lives.
If you've read the above preferences and feel you match at least 28/30 of them (30/34 for software engineers), please contact me:
Q1: Is there an age limit?
A1: You must be at least 20 years old. There is no upper limit.
Q2: Is there a minimum salary you are looking for?
Q3: Is there a minimum education level you are looking for?
Q4: I'm not very confident in my looks...
A4: I don't discriminate based on looks.
Copyright © 2012 Noriko Higashi