Adds new option -fastindex (enabled by default), which allows to skip block hash reconstruction on startup.
THIS CHANGES THE INDEX DATABASE FORMAT, RUNNING WITH AN EXISTING DATADIR WILL FORCE REINDEX.
100-200 MB extra disk space will be used by now-stored block hashes.
Other changes since the non-quickstart version:
- leveldb defaults to 1000 open files for Windows.
- UPDATE! SPV block request speed greatly improved.
- UPDATE! GUI lag for wallets with lots of transactions reduced significantly.
- UPDATE! GUI should now be responsive during reindex.
- win32 build may run out of available memory during reindex. It is recommended to upgrade to win64 build.
- reindex attempt with -spv=1 might result in a segfault. Release updated, please redownload.
- possible crash on shutdown following the reindex has been reported. Kindly test the latest build against it.