This is the initial release candidate for Annotum 2.0.
We have made every effort to ensure backward compatibility with existing Annotum sites and content, but in some cases newly-edited articles may be 'un-published' if they contain invalid XML. Please be sure to keep a complete backup of all WordPress and Annotum code as well as your WordPress database prior to installing this upgrade.
Note that unlike prior versions, Annotum 2.0 requires server-side XSLT processing, so you will need to install and enable the
php5-xslmodule on your web server:sudo apt-get install php5-xsl sudo php5enmod xsl sudo service apache2 restart
Key Features of v2.0
- Entirely revamped editor with full XML validation and schema enforcement for "bulletproof" JATS-compliant XML
- Support for multiple-level sections and subsections
- Support for rich text formatting in article abstract
- Article templates (standard headings for new articles)
- Article tree viewer to navigate article structure
- Syntax-aware XML code editor for power users
- Now uses WordPress standard dialog for figures (images)
- Better support for WordPress revisions and version compare
- In PDF output, images that cross a page boundary may be cut off. This can be avoided by forcing a new page prior to every image by making the following change to the
- PDF output support for non-latin character sets may be limited. As a workaround, replace the PDF fonts in
plugins/anno-pdf-download/lib/dompdf/lib/fontswith fonts containing the desired character set. You will also need to update
assets/main/css/pdf.css(see line 212).