Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Annotum release notes v1.1
Special thanks to the Public Library of Science, whose generous support made many of the improvements in version 1.1 possible.
Here is a changelog and bugfix list for Annotum release 1.1:
- Article and media listings are now filtered based on user permissions. Please see the detailed user permissions release notes for more information.
- Revamped PDF Output; DOMPDF updated to 0.6.0 beta 3.
- Full citation, author affiliation(s), logo at top, site name in footer all included
- Significantly improved formatting and image handling
- Better support for international character sets
- Equations can now be edited. Once the equation has been inserted in the article editor, hover over the equation image, click on it to edit the equation and alt text.
- Major revisions functionality (Clone). Major article revsions (aka clones) are now tracked as 'related articles' on the published site, XML, and RSS feeds.
- New dropdown selector to choose edition of article to view.
- Articles can be cloned only once (you can clone a clone)
- Non-editors cannot change the title of a cloned article
- Additional Profile fields and merged user / Annotum profile (edit user) pages. Fields appear in author snapshot (mouseover) and XML output
- Required: First Name, Last Name [Note workaround: enter other fields, save, refresh page]
- Optional: Name Prefix, Name Suffix, Department, Institution, City, State, Country
- Note: Optional fields appear on user-edit page, not user-new page.
- Notifications updated. Various notifications modified/added; admins get more notifications. Updated notifications matrix
* Added DOI prefix (optional site setting. Append DOI prefix to DOI hash, use ```.``` as a separator. New Format: 10.```registrant-code```/```prefix```.```article-hash``` or ```10.112211/annotum.test.4f6cf3e8df15a``` * Review submissions now require clicking the `submit` button. Reduces unintentional submission of reviews. * Author information for a published article can now be edited via a new meta box which contains all author-related data for the article The author list can be reordered, and author data can be manually edited: Name, Prefix, Suffix, Institution, Department, City, State, Country. You can also manually add a new author, or remove an existing author. Also, once an article is published, the default 'author' meta box is removed. * Various editor tweaks and other fixes: - Apply min-width to body editor metabox; min height to abstract metabox - There is a new 'add section' button on the editor toolbar, ``````. It works the same as the existing ```ctrl+esc``` keyboard shortcut. - Don't try to get clones when workflow is disabled. - Gracefully handle TinyMCE instances during metabox reordering with WordPress v3.5 (fix for [issue #53](https://github.com/Annotum/Annotum/issues/53)) - Facebook 'like' button fixed - Fix for insert-image issues that arose with WordPress v3.5 (insert image fixed, always show 'Full Size' image option)